Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome

They say to focus your blog to gain a captive audience for a particular niche. Yet, I am more of a Swiss army knife than a hammer. Rather than pounding in a singular message, I see my voice capable of versatility. This blog will feature “Words, Crazy Words” about education, parenting & family, women, mental illness, and the arts.

I am a writer/story teller/hack extraordinaire. I have worked in community journalism for 13 years and worked as a grant writer for five. Additionally, I have written things as simple as resumes, as complicated as software manuals, and as scandalous as ghost-written love letters for tongue-tied friends.

Currently, I am drawn to forms of written expression, which have seemingly less usefulness — at least by the measure of a ready audience. In keeping with my areas of interest, I will present original poetry, essays, flash fiction, and exerts from my manuscript, “Stress Fracture – A Memoir of Psychosis.”  

Thank you for reading – it makes me believe a tree really did fall in the woods.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment